We are looking for suitable candidates to join our pastoral team
PASTORAL TEAM MEMBER (SMALL GROUP/PASTORAL CARE)
Under the supervision of the Pastor-in-Charge, the Pastoral Team Member will be responsible and accountable for planning, organizing and managing Small Group Ministry and pastoral care towards achieving Fairfield Methodist Church’s vision and mission.
- Align small group strategy to church vision and mission (a disciple making church)
- Provide oversight and pastoral care for small group ministry
- Develop and maintain a system of care and support for small group leaders
- Recruit, train and develop small group leaders
- Develop strategies for the congregation to be in small group ministry
- Establish an ongoing training programme for small group members and leaders
- Review small group curriculum/resources, engage and recommend appropriate resources/curriculum to small group leaders
- Develop and maintain health check system and growth for small group
- Provide a platform for service to the church or community - "bridge and "bond"
- Coordinate with other ministries for small groups serving contributions
- Pastoral visitations (shut-in, hospitals and residences) and wake services
- Involvement in church corporate events and services
- Any other pastoral care and oversight as needed
- The candidate must have at least one year’s experience leading a small group or related ministry and be able to articulate and execute a clear strategy for growing the small group ministry.
- The candidate must have a theological qualification of at least a bachelor’s degree or an acceptable equivalent.
- The candidate with no theological degree but possesses other relevant training and/or certification, and with at least two years of related experience in a church or relevant organisation may also apply.
- The candidate must be a team player who is dedicated and with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Pastoral team member
If you sense God’s call for you to play a part in His work through Fairfield Methodist Church, we welcome you to explore your calling with us as a Pastoral Team Member.
The specific responsibilities are dependent on assigned areas of ministry and also the giftings of the individual, which include the following duties:
- Hospitals, wakes and pastoral visitations
- Teaching and equipping
- Administration and organisation of events and programmes
- Have relevant theological studies, qualifications and/or experience in similar capacities
- Able to work outside normal schedules on evenings and weekends
- A dedicated team player with a positive attitude
- Have good interpersonal, service and communication skills
Please write to the Church Administrator at [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
*By submitting your application, you consent to the collection, use, retention and disclose of your personal data indicated in the document by Fairfield Methodist Church (FFMC) for assessing your job application*