PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS disease 2019)
In the light of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, we strongly urge our congregation to pay special attention to their personal hygiene and take appropriate steps to minimize the risk of community spread of the virus by taking the following measures:
- Do not take any non-essential travel to China. If you can, avoid going to China totally.
- If you are back from China, please monitor your health for at least 14 days from the date you are back. Consult a doctor promptly if you are unwell. In addition, we advised that you voluntarily take a leave of absence from church activities for at least 14 days.
- Avoid contact with live animals, poultry or birds.
- Avoid consumption of raw and uncooked meats.
- Avoid crowded places and around people who are unwell.
- Avoid close contacts with recent travellers from mainland China (travel history in the last 14 days).
- We want you to pay attention to your personal hygiene by performing the following —
- regularly wash your hands well and with soap,
- cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough,
- put on a mask if you are unwell and avoid close contact with others,
- avoid direct contact with items that may cause viruses to spread (like touching or sharing of tissue paper, napkins, or handkerchiefs, etc.),
- do not share dishes or utensils with others.
With immediate effect and until further notice, we will not shake hands with one another as a form of greeting. However, you may choose to use to greet one another with the Chinese way of clasping your hands in front of you, or the Japanese way of bowing to one another.
If you are unwell, please avoid coming to church. Do let the pastoral staff know by sending to us an email or message so that we can pray for you.
While we pray that this situation will not worsen, in event that we need to begin collecting personal date when you come to church, we seek your full co-operation in this matter.
In situations like this, many people may spread fake news and rumours. We strongly urge you to refer to the official website of the Ministry of Health (www.moh.gov.sg) regularly for updates.